Tuesday, December 20, 2011

So, David and I fell asleep on the couch last night listening to a Radiolab show.  If you don't know Radiolab, check it out and enjoy!  Anyway, I was saying that we fell asleep on the couch.  I woke up at about 3am, wide awake with jetlag...or maybe because I've been doing nothing but sleeping ala a narcoleptic since I've returned home.  I got up to get a glass of water and stepped on this...

That's a tooth, by the way.  A really big tooth.

When David woke up I asked him if he had any idea where this came from....hoping to god that he didn't say "my mouth".

"Oh yeah, yesterday Q found a skull while we were playing lemon."

I don't know what's stranger - that, in the middle of the night, I stepped on a big cuspid from an unidentifiable animal or that I know what playing lemon means.


Actually, the strangest thing is that having a dead animal's skull appear in our garden and having our dogs play dentist on it didn't make headline conversation news for my husband. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh, my. I bet that tooth was dangerous when it was still in whatever-that-animal-was' mouth!

    ReplyDelete