Thursday, December 29, 2005

Stranded: Day 2

Stranded: Day 2

Well, all that beautiful snow turned, as it has a tendency to do, to ice. There’s no way I’ll even think about going down that road, so to speak. So today was day two stranded in casa Cornwell.

I don’t really know why I’m being so damn dramatic about it. I could actually get off the hill if I wanted to. David has been into town both days. I could also just walk outside, if I wanted…you know, for a change, maybe a little fresh air but I haven’t done that either. So the real issue here is a lack of will. Let’s not pretend otherwise…the ice has just given me a great excuse to be exactly where I want to be, doing exactly what I want to be doing. I have a selection of started projects (plus a bit of yarn stash as a backup), the heater, all the coffee I can drink (which might have been a bit too much in the past couple of days as you will see in the progress on my “experiment” started yesterday, but I’ll get to that in a minute), enough food to last…well, until David goes down the hill again, and a nice Inspector Morse novel to read. Why would I go out?

Having said all that, I’ll drop that dramatic whining deal and just show you what I’ve been working on:



1. The “experiment”
Looks a little like it’s maker has had a bit too much coffee, don’t you think? Either that or is someone who has way too fond memories of the 70’s.


2. That wad of fabric there is a poncho. You can’t really tell how beautiful it is with it being all bunched up on circular needles that are way to short for is gorgeous wooly girth. You’ll have to trust me. And you may have to trust me for a while because I don’t think I’ll be finishing that poncho until, well, maybe ponchos come back in style the next time. You see, as that gorgeous wooly girth gets girthier, that is with each increase round, I’m finding that it requires more and more strength to knit and keep it on those too short needles. My arms started hurting after just a little knitting on it today. Basically, what I’m saying is that I’m not really strong enough to knit it. So, like any endurance athlete, I will have to go slow and steady, working my way to the finish row, I mean line.

There is another solution, I suppose…I could get myself out of the house and down the hill to buy some longer needles but we’ve been through all that already.

No comments:

Post a Comment