Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy thanksgiving...ruf

Yes, it’s a little late but that’ because I am celebrating the day of giving thanks today. The one other American that I know in the area has invited us all to her (and her Italian husband’s) house for a day of food and …dogs.

David and I will spend the day being grateful with 1 american, 3 italians, a brit and 7 dogs. Of the 7 dogs, 5 are related, including our two. The irony is not lost on me that David and I ate gyros (with fries) during a one hour break from work on thanksgiving day and our dogs get to be with their brothers, sisters, wife, and mom having a feast. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining…they were some damn fine gyros.

So now I’ve got an apple pie in the oven. You can’t really find that pumpkin pie filling stuff here – which is fine by me, I hate pumpkin pie. There are also some cranberry muffins cooling on the counter. I probably should have used the dried cherry, blueberry, cranberry mix “made with Wisconsin’s best door county cherries” that we brought back from the States for a sauce, but I hate cranberry sauce.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ps. Does anyone know how to make muffins that aren't so dense that they double as mini door stops?

No comments:

Post a Comment