Sunday, December 09, 2007

Look who's had a birthday...

The Mom!

Yep. This great lady is now 66.

In honor of her birthday I would like to share with you a little about her.

She's a terrific mom, wife, grandmother, sister, aunt, greataunt, daughter in law, sister in law, mother in law...you get the point.
She's also a caring friend, a practicing Christian, a non-practicing republican (I think), an intellect, an avid reader, a profound baker, and an amazing knitter.

She's also a teacher. In my life she's taught me a few things, like to walk and talk, swim and read. She taught me to be kind and work hard and be nice to other people and help out whenever you can. She taught me to balance mathematical and chemical equations (one of which I still can do because it's helpful in knitting). She taught me, if not to BE patient, that there are people in the world who are very very patient.

Above all these little things, she's taught me and many many others...the joy of ice cream.


She's a very good teacher.

Happy Birthday, Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:55 PM

    Olive - What a thoughtful collection of thoughts and memories. (Plus some amazing pictures). Definitely eulogy material (for some day - not today) Thank you for the time spent and the great thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:00 PM

    hey lynn this is sara,
    I love the pictures of us on here!!
    and about the first one I was sitting on the arm of the chairs ha ha!
    well this is a very nice blog
    I love you and be safe and tell David I say hi and I love him

    Love,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete