Saturday, November 08, 2008

It's finally happened...

Maybe with that title some of you are expecting a blog about our new president in the US? Sorry. I'll leave discourses about that for others who are more eloquent and better able to capture the significance of the this event.

Instead, I'm going to write about these



Any of you who've known me in the last 12 years will recognize them as my prefered winter footwear. That's kind of a gentle way to say that I've been wearing these boots every day October to April for the past decade (plus 2 years). I love these boots. Love them.

At about year 6 I started asking myself when I dug them out for yet another season, "should I retire these? I've been wearing them every day of every winter for 6 (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12) years." Then, every year, I'd put them on and say "f^#& no! I love these boots." When the boots celebrated their 10th birthday I asked myself, "10 years, a decade, wow. Are they out of style?" My response, "who the f$&^ cares! I love these boots."

Some of you readers may remember when I thought about putting them to rest after a young Ruffino decided he loved these boots, too...



But again, "f*&^ no way! I can deal with that little chewed bit. I love these boots."

The last couple of years I haven't even bothered to polish them any more.


Doesn't that scuffed look just add to the beauty? These are good boots.

So, last night I got all dressed up to go to a dinner party. It's been so easy for the past 12 years, no fretting about which shoes to wear! Just like every other evening for all these years, I put on my boots and ran down the stairs ready to go.

Hmmm...something doesn't feel quite right...



Oh drat! It's finally happened.


PS. I finished this...

it's beautiful. the yarn is awesome and soft and a wonderful color. The neck and the sleeves are just as I like them...long. And, it's going to friend Ellen. That's ok, it's my pattern, I can make another one. (If any of you want the pattern, just ask.) Wouldn't it look great with my boots? Oh, wait...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:14 PM

    It's a sad day when you have to retire a favorite pair of shoes. Can't they be resoled one more time?

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:33 PM

    Darn, I loved those boots, oh well, as you know, you live in the land of leather wear. Shouldn't be too hard to have that big hunk of a husband of your pick up a new pair and El Leathero Shoppo! If not let us know your size and I'll have lovely Denise do here shop till you drop at the thrift stores!

    Love,
    W&D

    ReplyDelete