Tuesday, March 17, 2015

And it begins again....

...the application for my Permesso di Soggiorno (permit of stay)

I can't believe that the 5 year one that I got is already expiring.  It sure doesn't seem like it's been 5 years since I got it.  That is, of course, because it hasn't been five years, it's been four.  By the time the application process was finished, one of the five years had already passed. 

So here we go again

I've already been to the office once to inquire what I need to do to renew.  A surprisingly happy and nice policeman (it's a branch of the police that deals with us foreigners) told me that all I have to do is collect the above listed documents, make two copies of them and they'll give me a permesso for LIFE.  I will never have to go through this again.  AND, once I've collected all these documents, I can CALL and make an APPOINTMENT so I don't have to wait half a day in the sea of humanity to get my turn. 

Papers collected, copies made, appointment scheduled.


Actually, I called today and got an appointment TOMORROW. This is weird.  It's all going a little too smoothly.  In fact, I feel like with every word of this post that I type I'm jinxing myself just that much more.

Just to be safe, I'm bringing this

I've seen the video.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds really strange for Italy. But, hey, I hope everything goes as smooth as it seems to go... Being able to stay in Italy for LIFE, great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it goes well! I remember the last time you got this. Gosh, we've been blogging a long time, haven't we!

    Hugs from Port Canaveral,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete