Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sometimes when I sit down to write a post to my blog it just flows out. Sometimes it’s more difficult to find the flow. Sometimes nothing comes. I think I’ve written before about why I write this blog. I enjoy it. I like sharing my thoughts. I like keeping friends, those I know and those who read this that I don’t know, involved in life – life the way I’m choosing to live it.

Today, I as I sit here at the computer I am with a huge sadness. I don’t know if sharing troubles halves them, I hope it doesn’t double them – it’s not my intension that you feel sadness too. Today I’m writing because I feel I have to. It wouldn’t feel right to move forward in this record of my life without writing about the reality of my life as it is at this time.

This past week myself, David, and a very large group of friends and family here in Italy lost a great and tender person. Our friend, wife, daughter, sister, colleague, Mercedes Olivo lost a long and painful battle with depression.

I’m sad and angry and confused, and very sad.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:25 AM

    Olive - a beautiful and tender tribute to a friend. The sincerity of your grief at this loss is very meaningful to anyone reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is a perfect place to express yourself - each day has a different gift - happy or sad - to offer. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. Take care!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete