Sunday, December 27, 2009

Yeah, yeah, I know. I've only got 4 more days to write three more posts to reach my 100 for the 2009 year. So here I am.

I find it interesting how some of the regular OliveKnitting readers respond to my absences from posting. Mike in Boulder usually sends me a little email just to say hi or to share something he's recently found on the internet. I don't know if you mean them this way, Mike, but I read between the lines a gentle nudging, a little reminder that there are people out there who actually do tune into this blog and therefore I'd better post something. There's not as much subtly from Wayne of TFC, "LYNNA, HOW ABOUT A BLOGGA!" (Wayne and the other half of TFC, his wife Denise, visit Italy often. They like to think they speak the language.) Mette sends an email asking what I've been knitting, which obviously must be so cool that I'm not blogging. My parents' hints come separately. Mom's resembles Mike in Boulder's in that it's a gentle nudge concealed in an email about the weather in Wisconsin. Dad's has that more direct tone like Wayne's (except that my dad would never call me Lynna since he hates that name and cringes every time he's visiting and hears an Italian call me that.)

I know there are a few of you other readers, regular readers who don't say anything when a week or more goes by and you're staring at the same post. Feel free to let me know in whatever way you feel comfortable that I'm shucking my responsibilities as a blogger. I really buckle under peer pressure.

It's really time to post when my husband, who ISN'T a regular OliveKnitting reader says, "time to post a blog!". That must mean that it's been a really long time since I've written 'cause the dude doesn't check very often. Actually today was the first time EVER that he's said that to me. It's very possible that he has no idea when I last posted but rather he really would like me to get out of the same room that we have shared with the 2 dogs for the past 5 days.

Yep, Maberga house arrest 2009. I won't go into the gory details...mostly because I have a dinner party to go to in 20 minutes and I should have been writing about them whilst they were happening. Let me give you the haiku version of our Christmas week.

snow, mountain road closed
pipes freeze, rain, mudslide, road closed
more rain, more mud, closed

That about sums it up.

I've got more to say about the sweater I had to unravel, and how it's my blog-aversary today and everything like that but that haiku took most of the 20 minutes I had till that dinner party.

2 comments:

  1. Mike in10:33 PM

    Well, yes, there ARE faithful readers out here, readers who do check in probably more often than you post, even though they don't necessarily leave a trail of comments. But you are to be forgiven, because this reader has no blog at all and thus spends zero time posting to it. I am always delighted to read the saga of life in Maberga--never a dull moment (well, maybe a few); I still maintain you should commit it to paper, put together a book, and then serialize it for television or offer it to Hollywood as a script (remember "Under the Tuscan Sun"?). It would break box office records!
    Fiat is coming back to
    America sometime next fall or winter! I can hardly wait!!!

    Mike in Boulder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too keep checking whether or not you post but since I also have a blog and rarely post, I understand that sometimes "real" life can interupt your blog life. We love hearing about life on the Italian Riveria where the sun shines daily and food and wine flow freely, well maybe not quite like that. lol. Anyway keep up the good work and looking forward to those last post of the year.
    EarleinDenver

    ReplyDelete