Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I've got gas.

Well, of course, I've always had gas...everyone who knows me knows this.  But now I've got big gas, as in A LOT of gas.  I don't have it in the bathroom yet, only outside, but I know that gas will be passing inside very soon.  Check it out:

Little gas



Big gas


Yep, lots of big ass gas.

Whilst this poor thing has provided us with hot water, more or less, for the past 9 years, it's time for it to go.


It's kind of been a problem since it was installed.  First, it's electric.  We had asked for a gas water heater but the guys doing the work installed this one day when we weren't around...who can say why.  I have my theories but I'd rather not talk badly about my adopted countrymen.  Electric hot water means limited hot water and some seriously high electric bills (electricity is expensive in Italy...one does NOT leave a light on in a room when leaving it, ever).  And see how that flap thing is hanging down from the bottom?  yeah,  that's been that way since the second week in was in our house.  At one point my brother-in-law tried taping it up.  No go...David and I have long ago tried fixing it.  After a while you stop noticing that it is falling apart, well, until your dad comes to visit and points it out...every time.

Not only will we (soon) have that big gas heating our water in the bathroom we will also have it heating the water on the stove.  Yep, one system...amazing.  We can finally get rid of the portable (which isn't all that portable) gas tank in the kitchen.  Not only is it not aesthetically so pleasing, it's probably not so safe.

3 comments:

  1. waynosd7:06 PM

    Oh boy! Can hardly wait until June to try out the new water heater and ALL THAT GAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, big changes!

    When My Honey moved to the US from Norway he wandered around the house looking for the propane tank/s. hehehe Natural gas and electricity, of course....

    I really like using the fireplaces for heat in the winter, too, so I guess we aren't totally "modern" - whatever that means these days.

    Happy Sunday from Port Canaveral,
    Lois :)

    ReplyDelete