Monday, April 29, 2013

the Rain Muses

I swear, if it rains one more day I will start knitting my house a cozy, like this



except for my house not for a phone both or a bus or a, um, really big tea pot.  Those folks must have had a rainy season, too.

Anyway....

While it rains, my collection of wash cloths is growing exponentially (thanks to my enabler friend Christine who brought me that cotton yarn back from the States) ,

and my collection of patchworks has doubled (from one to two)

and I've almost finished another baby sweater and another full-length coat.
Don't even get me started on the collection of hats.

It really must stop raining soon.  There's shit that I need to get done, and knitting and sewing ain't it. But when I see grey out the window and hear the pitter patter of rain drops on the roof -- my couch, my needles and a good Murdoch Mystery marathon are the three sirens singing their song which will most certainly lure me to crafterly ruin.

Excuse me now, it's started again  ...  I hear the wind blowing the sweet drops against the window....suddenly I feel the need to cast on a plate of bacon and eggs.

It should also stop raining now because this

is a photo of days 2 and 3 of Patio Project 2013.  That mud pool there right next to the house is really getting old.  Hopefully this won't be the photo of days 4, 5, and 6 of Patio Project 2013....however, I have a feeling it might be.

Finish this analogy...

Rain, couch, knitting, and murder mysteries are to Lynn as....
Rain,  mud, mud and mud are to ______________


Fantastic.


2 comments:

  1. Inspite of mud and rain and dogs with dirty feet. and you on your couch, I can se that your patio is green and full of flowers. Happy Spring, dear. It will come, I can promise. Here in DK we have already had 5 hours of Spring. Of course not at the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike in Boulder4:31 AM

    Careful, Lynn; you in danger of becoming a knit wit!

    Mike in Denver

    ReplyDelete