Friday, August 15, 2008

I like Wednesdays

Hey look! The Wednesday knitting group is growing.


And we seem to have a name now - "the needle club". Well, we didn't vote on it or anything but that's how we refer to what we do collectively from 3 - 6 on Wednesday afternoons. Sometimes it's called "das needle club".

Let me introduce the newbies by way of their projects...

-- Natalie (English, living in Italy for about 6 years) modeled a finished item for us. You knitters out there know that each finished item has at least one interesting story that comes from its production. Here's this piece's: Natalie knit this sweater with wool and a pattern inherited from her mother who had started it for her a while back...a long while back since Natalie's dear mum has been dead for 15 years. Natalie finished the sweater earlier this week. Well done, Nat!

--Shuki (Dutch, living in Italy something like 25 years I think - I have a lot more to learn about and from Shuki, the first being how to spell her name) balled some of her own hand spun, hand dyed wool with Mette's help.

Look at the color of that stuff! Naturally dyed and all that, which Shuki has promised to teach me (the spinning part, too). Sorry I didn't get a close up of it...next time. After a life time of knitting in the "arm pit" method (I'm sure it has a proper name...that's what I call it when you use really long needles which you hold in your pits while you knit), Mette taught her the "right" method (which is what I arrogantly call the method know to others as "continental").

As for the oldbies...

--Mette started a rug with some yarn gifted to her by Shuki. I'm sorry I don't have a photo, I really thought that I took one but it's no where to be found. Next time.

--And AnnaMia is still trying to finish that pair of socks, from a month ago. If any of you out there have a good basic sock pattern in German, please forward it to me. I suppose I could google it but I wouldn't know what I was looking at. I'll also be sure to make a sock photo...next time.

After das needling was done, some of us went to the balony where we found:

some spouses,

















some amazing food and drink,


And Jesus?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:40 AM

    We really are having SUCH fun on wednesdays, arent we. Here is the way to spell the dutch name: Sjoekie. Made BIG decision yesterday. Took up the K. Fassett-project. Was not satisfied with the way it looked. No no, it is not only a rule that goes for you guys. It goes for me too. Just in case you had any doubts about it.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:40 AM

    We really are having SUCH fun on wednesdays, arent we. Here is the way to spell the dutch name: Sjoekie. Made BIG decision yesterday. Took up the K. Fassett-project. Was not satisfied with the way it looked. No no, it is not only a rule that goes for you guys. It goes for me too. Just in case you had any doubts about it.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:17 AM

    Dear Lynn, Great pictures of your pals ... especially Natalie. She should use that on her Christmas card from Italy! What do Ralph Cornwell, David Cornwell and Sarah Cornwell have in common.... ELECTRIC Blue Eyes. Jealous in Seattle, Paul George

    ReplyDelete