Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday night in Maberga - part 3...the last one for tonight, I sincerely hope

NOTE:  If you haven't read "Saturday night in Maberga" parts 1 and 2, you won't have a clue what's going on here in part 3.

Is it just me or does this look absolutely disgusting?


It's supposed to be cranberry sauce.  Here, look more closely...

Gross.  But it's finished.  And ya' know what?  At six minutes to midnight, that's really all that's important.  I'm not all that concerned right now that it looks like a colony of worms infested a bowl of kidney beans.

Let's move onto our third and final recipe for my Thanksgiving,  Other Stuff : Brandied Cranberries.

Here's what I have to do


yeah, whatever.  See this...


that's some dried cranberries, some sugar, some brandy, some clementine juice and a little water.  I'm simmering it until, well, until I want to stop simmering it.  I'm sure they will be delicious.

Well, then.  Thanks for hanging out with me on this lively Saturday night on the mountain.  You guys feel free to stay up as late as you want but I'm hitting the hay.  I've got to get up early tomorrow to make an apple pie. 

This year, I am thankful for my friends Christine and Valerio who are hosting our Thanksgiving dinner and doing EVERYTHING involved in serving a huge turkey dinner, except for a couple sauces and a pie. 









1 comment:

  1. Hi! Yum, that does look good. I have been able to load post 1 and 3. I'll make another try at 2. we sail very soon so I will lose my connection. :\

    Hugs from Port Canaveral,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete