Wednesday, June 06, 2012

June 6 --

The Platters' music from the 50's and 60's is some of my favorite.  In honor of big Herb's passing, I've declared today the official Platters' Day here in Maberga.  I can do that because I'm the mayor. 

Actually, I'm not the mayor but I am now in control of paying the Maberga water bill for the whole group of us.  I think this gives me more power than any mayor I know of, soooo,.....

Happy Platters' Day.

In case you are wondering how one celebrates Platters' Day, these are the traditions:

1. dress like you are ready to dance to any Platters' song ... when it first came out.




2.  only play Platters' music all day long.  Here is a good place on you tube if you don't own any Platters' platters.

3.  write a song in the bathroom...like they did for my favorite song....

 

If that last one is a bit out of your skill set like it is for me...you can just spend a few hours in the bathroom with 4 friends and talk about music...the Platters', of course.  I suggest that you print out the lyrics of some of their songs so you all can sing them together.  Bring a boombox in with you if you want, or juke box...if you have one.  Q, Ruffino, two imaginary friends and I had a great time, though it was tough keeping Q focused on the music.  I made the mistake of letting her try flushing the toilet...

ANYWAY.....


Happy Platters' Day.


1 comment:

  1. And, Happy Platters Day back at ya! :) Wouldn't it be cool if you could get Q to use the toilet before she flushes it!

    ReplyDelete