Monday, December 08, 2008

Maberga Tea Time, a little catching up

I think I've recovered now from my olive oil embarrassment. Thank you to all you encouraging people who think the story is just as good as the oil should have been.

While I was licking my olive harvest wounds, we had a spell of sunny weather here in Maberga. It's over now. In fact today is raining and cold. Actually, there were really only like 2 (two) nice days. They were a good couple of days though. That is if you like pig slaughters and bike riding (not at the same time).

1. Pig Slaughter. Yep. It's that time of the year. We've been attending this event for enough years now to know that we, David and I, really have no role. This year David took his camera and I took some knitting. No one seemed to notice or care that we weren't trying to help. Perhaps they were grateful. I've got one of a great pair of new boot socks and David has some amazing photos. Unfortunately for you, I've decided that most of the photos don't really fit the bill for that cozy, friendly, wooly, living room at tea time feeling I'm striving for here on OliveKnitting.

For example:



Cool photo, no? Doesn't really make you want to ask Aunt Mable to pass the biscuits though, does it?

This one made the OliveKnitting editing cut (after I cropped the bloody-used-to-be-the-head bit off the bottom of the photo)



If you can't tell, that's Lucca hugging the pig. That's nice.


2. Bike Riding. We've discovered the bike path. Ok, well, David discovered it a while ago, as did most of the rest of Liguria. I however, am a little slow when it comes to things like this - things like getting out of the house to do something physical. The new bike path is a, well, a bike path that was constructed where the old railroad track ran all along the coast. Monday was a beautiful day and a holiday here in Italy - I had no excuses to not try out the bike David gifted me.

I'll admit it to you...I was a little snotty and ungrateful about the bike when David first gave it to me. I thought that if I ever got a bike it would be something like the Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch style with a nice basket.



I did just fine with this one though.



It's hard to be ungrateful for ANYthing in this setting.Thanks, David.




Now, if you'll excuse me. I have two crying doggies who want to go play in the wet, cold night.

Oh yeah, one other happening...speaking of doggies and licking wounds...everyone please send positive healing vibes to Ruffino who lost his nuts yesterday.

More biscuits, Aunt Mable?

No comments:

Post a Comment