Yeah, ok. Lesson learned. Actually several lessons were learned today:
1. I can't build a trellis in one day, at least not one that looks as good as the one in my head.
2. I need a motozappa.
3. Sticking a 6 foot tall piece of cane in rock-hard ground deep enough so it is stable is very difficult, one might even say impossible.
4. Don't photograph beautiful socks on a dirty dog rag towel.
5. Don't make good "before" pictures....not if you want the "after" pictures to look good.
6. Make sure you've turned the water heater on BEFORE starting to build a trellis in rock-hard ground without a motozappa because a HOT bath is obligatory immediately upon completion.
And, yeah yeah yeah,
7. Don't put off a big project to the last day, not if you want to finish it properly.
Having said all that, it is still fun to look out the bedroom window on some stray grapevines climbing