Wednesday, August 08, 2012

So, when you do work on your house while you are living in it, it's inevitable, you learn something about yourself.  By now, I should know myself inside and out, however, it seems there are still uncharted waters.  Here's a few things I found on this go around...

1.  Living in disorder for an extended period of time will make me certifiably insane...I mean, like, you know, more than before.

2.  I believe that people who choose to live their lives in a one room housing unit, like folks who find NYC cool even when they aren't millionaires, are fuckin' nuts...more so even than I am after an extended period of time in disorder because one room living sucks serious black water.

3.  I'm a little too trusting of people's word. For example, like when someone says they'll finish a job in my house by a certain day because I've explained to them that I have house guests coming and I need their work to be done, and they've had a month and a half to do the work, and I've reminded them of the deadline, and reminded them, and they promised and they promised, and I called them today and they told me that the work will be done at some random time in the future, and they seemed shocked that I expected the work to would have been done last week when they said it would be, and they can't tell me when it will be done. For example, like that, I still trust people's word.

4.  On a related note...I've learned that I find it IMMENSELY empowering to be able to break someone's balls in a foreign language.

1 comment:

  1. Seems to me that you are facing the same problem with workers in Italy, that we do in DK. Totally understand your feelings about that. But most of all I understand your feeling about being able to break their balls in a foreign language. I would feel good just about being able to break balls!!
    Well done and please teach me.
    Brava

    ReplyDelete