Thursday, January 04, 2007

Auf viedersehen Herr Bauknecht

Ok, even more negligence on my part…sorry sorry sorry …I won’t even try to give you the excuses like I’ve had such a busy social schedule (I have had) or that work is picking up (it is) or that I have a cold (I do). There will be many updates soon. It’s not as though nothing of interest has been happening since I last wrote, just nothing that has made it to the computer…anyway, maybe I will also just skip the backwards stuff and LOOK FORWARD. It is the New Year and all. Isn’t that what we are supposed to do?

I do feel the need to say a big thank you and farewell to this trusty ol’ pal

Yep, we decided it was time to put the Bauknecht washer that we had inherited from the former owners of our FORMER house to rest. Danka Herr Bauknecht…you dealt with a lot of Cornwell dirt and never spilled the water. (I know, that doesn’t really make much sense, but come on, I have a cold…).

I have a hard time with good-byes…if truth be told, more of a hard time with inanimate objects than animate. I don’t even want to think about the psychology (or theology) behind that. Anyway, in this case it has meant that whilst David is going at the new washer with the enthusiasm of a sophomore boy on prom night with the queen, I haven’t yet touched it.

The old washer isn’t even cold yet. Actually, it’s really cold since it has been sitting on our front patio since “the new guy” came home. If it weren’t for the distinguished memory of Herr Bauknecht, I would comment on the additional white-trashness he has provided us by his being on the front patio.

Tschuss, Herr Bauknecht.

No comments:

Post a Comment