At the lunch with pal Lina the other day, when she taught me to can pasta sauce, she also taught me how to make spicy oil.
Here's what you do:
1. pick a bunch of your peperoncini (chili peppers).
2. Let them sit on your counter for a couple days. I don't know why. But really, she told me to do that. It wasn't just me being lazy.
3. Cut them up and put them in a pan with olive oil, 2 sprigs of garlic and some salt.
4. Saute them "until the garlic changes color".
5. Get confused about when the garlic changes color and burn the shit out of the peppers.
6. Put the peppers and oil in the blender and, well, blend.
7. Dump them in the little jar and add a bit more olive oil to fill the jar.
8. Send a text message to Lina to ask if they are ruined by being burnt.
9. Ignore Lina's suggestion to throw the whole jar away.
It's so easy. Just like Lina told me it would be.