Monday, February 16, 2009

HI Friends, just a quickie to let you know photos of the new studio space are coming. As it happens, David was right...I do have too much shit. I've spent the day expanding my shit to fit the new digs. Not an easy task.

A couple weeks ago my college roommate invited me to join Facebook. She convinced me that it was a great way to "reconnect" with a ton of people. Boy, she sure was right. In the past week I've heard from and seen photos of people that, well, to be blunt... I'd forgotten about (whom I'm sure had also forgotten about me). It's been a weird, time warpy, trippy thing.

Anyway, I bring this up because as I was "expanding" today into my new studio ... which involved (including but not exclusively) cleaning and arranging supplies/displays, I couldn't help but thinking, "are any of my former classmates from Elkhorn Area High School doing anything like this right now? Is anyone from EAHS class of '87 vacuuming their ceiling? Or placing little knitted dolls next to papier mache projects or busting a brain trying to get all their beads in accessible containers?"

If I had to guess, I would say no. In fact, if I had to guess, there were probably very few people in the world vacuuming their ceilings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment